Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's because I'm that smart

Wow, I can't believe I haven't been on here in two days! My poor adoring fans, whatever have you done with yourselves? I'm so sorry to leave you alone for so long! I must try to be more diligent in the future.

First I will tell you about Tuesday and our snow day then I will explain this postings title.

Tuesday seemed like it would be a great day. It started out great at least. Mom was up early with me (as usual, something about I can't be trusted to up alone) and this time she didn't insist we go back to bed after breakfast! We were playin' and runnin' in the house. We went outside and played, it was...well...great! Then she got my other leash (the "going out" one) and we got in the car. She left me there twice. She put me in and must have forgotten something because she went back in the house. Then we drove around the block and she parked and left me again to go back in the house. I swear, Mom would lose her head if it wasn't attached! (That's why I always try to stay with her. Be in the same room and lying at her feet when I nap. Otherwise, she might lose ME!) When she came back the second time she had a bag of my poop. Yea, I know what you're thinking, but my Mom, she's...different. But hey, I love her anyway. When we were on our way again it wasn't a long time before we were where we needed to be, the doctors office. As soon as I got out of the car you'd never believe who I saw...STAR!! I was so excited I forgot how mean my sisters can be. She jumped on my head and bit my ears. OH HOW I WISH I HAD BROTHERS INSTEAD OF SISTERS!!! But then, once we got inside things were better. Misty and Journey were both there too!! It was awesome to see them again! We wrestled and played, it was fun. Star, Misty and Journey left to go in the back and it was just me and Mom in the lobby. I got on the scale (with no problem I might add!) and we found out I weighed 18.1 pounds. I ws the winner so far. Mom picked me up and called me Tubs of Love and blamed me for her bad back. I got two shots, that was nothing, and we were on our way again.

We went to the mall and Mom used me as a geunia pig in an experiment she was doing for class. I didn't mind, all kinds of people were coming over to see me and talk to Mom. I got lots of attention. When Mom was done her experiment I got two new babies. A teddy bear and a monkey. And yet again, we were on our way.

This time we went to Mom's old school. The lady at the front desk kept trying to talk Mom into letting her keep me. She SO wanted me! But then again, I am that cute so it's easy to understand. We got to go in an elevator, that was different and I met more ladies who were all over me. I'm good with the ladies....

Once we left there and went home to have lunch we got back in the car and headed for Mom's other school to go to class. Mom and I had a fight before going in and she was still mad at me when we left. I just wanted to go and see what was in the flower beds. I don't see the problem. She says I can't eat everything I see, especially leaves and mulch. I say she needs to lighten up. Mom introduced me to her class and after a while I fell asleep (not like my future was riding on my attention span in Psych 242!). When we left school I thought we'd be going home. Instead Mom took me to her work and Nana took me home. We had to leave Mom there. I think Nana snitched on me though. I was really upset and didn't want to be in the box when Nana left. When Mom came home she lectured me about crying and said that I needed to learn to behave better.

Yesterday was our snow day Mom said. We went running around the yard and I tried to walk on top of the snow and ice. It wasn't easy, but in some places I could do it.

And this brings me to my posting title...

Mom wants me to ring the bells on the door when I have to go out to potty. She's been telling me to do this for days now and started making me do it before she would open the door. Well imagine her suprise when she was on her computer in the other room and I rang the bells and waited for her! She ran out of the office and looked at me and smiled. She asked me if I had to go potty and I told her yes (like I would have rung the bells if I didn't have to?!). She was excited and put on my leash and let m me out. I pottied right away and then we went back in. This earned me some extra playtime with Mom. She didn't go back to her homework but instead played with me until I was too tired to play anymore. Now I ring the bell all the time and every time I do, Mom lets me out. It's a great system, I'm glad she thought of it! Now I don't even have to go find her. I just ring and she comes running!

We also had a bit of training last night. Mom made me sit, a lot, and I tried to show her that I had that nailed. I also know the hand signal for it! We played fetch and I know that when she says drop it, that I have to let it go. I even know which baby is the Lamb and which is the Monkey! And why....?


It's because I'm that smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment